First for those that do not already know. A random act of kindness is an action that is not premeditated or an inconsistent action designed to show or offer kindness to anyone or anything in the outside world. What I would first like to do is give you 20 simple ideas of random acts of kindness that you may try this month. They may even give you, ideas of your own to try. Then after the ideas. I will go over why this will help with motivation and better emotional health. So let’s get started. :)
- Hold the door open for the stranger behind you
- Pick up something that someone accidently dropped and give it to them
- Pay for the persons’ food or coffee behind you in line
- Give away stuff you no longer use to someone that may be able to use it
- Show recognition to a coworker that deserves more
- Smile and say hello to a stranger
- Help a friend that may be overwhelmed at the time
- Donate your change to a good cause
- Compliment a stranger
- Volunteer for a charity
- Listen and do not speak
- Write down something you are grateful for(RAK are not bad for yourself either)
- Post positive notes around work
- Give away extra coupons at store
- Ask someone you see in need how you can help
- Send a letter to make someone feel good
- Buy someone lunch
- Leave a thank you note for the mailman
- Drop off flowers at an elderly home for the residents
- Tell someone that may not know how much you care about them and their well being
These are just 20 simple random acts of kindness. There really is no limit to the amount of random acts of kindness you can do. So Maybe for the month of March we can all work on doing more random acts of kindness to help in making the world a better place.
When you do things like this the response and feeling of happiness that it brings is well worth the little effort it takes to do the random act of kindness. It helps a ton with emotional health because of the feeling of gratefulness it gives your heart. It will also give you the motivation to do it more often after you do it a few times. Although you are not expecting anything back. Be prepared for the universe to notice all of your random acts of kindness and it will start returning the favor.
So let’s all start doing more random acts of kindness and try and help the world be a better place for you, me and our children in the future. Thanks for reading and come back next month for Blogitnshareit’s next motivational newsletter.